Turkey Taquitos with Avocado Crema
For the Avocado Crema:
- 1 Mission avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
For the Taquitos:
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups leftover turkey breast, shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp avocado crema
- Canola oil for frying
- Iceberg lettuce
- In a small bowl, mix ingredients for avocado crema until smooth. Use a fork to continuously smash up the avocado while stirring. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- In a medium bowl, mix shredded turkey with pepper jack cheese and 2 tbsp avocado crema.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, spread 2 tbsp of turkey filling across the center of the tortilla. Roll tortilla tightly around filling and insert toothpick through center to hold together. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- In a large skillet, heat ½ inch of canola oil over medium heat. Add three prepared taquitos to the oil and allow to cook until golden brown (about 2 minutes). Flip and continue cooking on other side until golden brown. Remove from oil and set on a paper towel lined plate. Continue with remaining taquitos.
- Serve over shredded iceberg lettuce, pico de gallo, and cotija. Drizzle with more avocado crema and serve immediately.